Table of Contents
- 1 What’s the Difference Between 350 Legend & Blackout 300
- 2 Comparative Comparison
- 3 300 Blackout or 350 Legend? Our Choice is...
What’s the Difference Between 350 Legend & Blackout 300
- Brand: Winchester Repeating Arms
- Model: 350 Legend
- Bullet Size: 2.26 inches
- Bullet Diameter: .357 inches
- Shell Case Length: 1.71 inches
- Shell Case Type: Rebated rim, straight-walled
- Energy (per 200 yards): 859 ft⋅lbf
- Velocity (per 200 yards): 1,466 ft/s
- Muzzle Energy: 1,762 ft⋅lbf
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,290 fps
- Brand: Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC)
- Model: 300 Blackout
- Bullet Size: 2.26 inches
- Bullet Diameter: 0.308 inches
- Shell Case Length: 1.368 inches
- Shell Case Type: Rimless, bottleneck
- Energy (per 200 yards): 824 ft⋅lbf
- Velocity (per 200 yards): 1872 ft/s
- Muzzle Energy: 1,360 ft⋅lbf
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,215 fps
350 Legend & 300 Blackout Trajectory
Having a flatter trajectory is an advantage when it comes to long-range shooting games. For varmint hunters, competitors, and gun owners practicing at a distance, supersonic 300 BLKs are big medicine. But when compared to the 350 Legend, the 300 Blackout gets walked over. The 350 Legend can perform up to 240 yards while the 300 Blackout fails to reach a useful 200 yards range. In this category, the 350 Legend takes another win.
If you want to continue reading about 300 Blackout, learn about 1-7 and 1-8 Twist Rate for 300 Blackout here.
Long Distance Shooting
Loading Type - 300 Blackout or Legend 350?
The 350 Legend offers bullet weights ranging from 145 to 265 gr and the ability to practice cheaply with low recoil and high velocity. While the 300 AAC Blackout loads usually weigh between 180- and 220-grains.
This added weight makes them naturally slower than a 110-grain bullet fired through the same barrel. With this, the 350 Legend snatches another win against 300 BLK.
Blackout 300 vs 350 Bullet Energy
Although the 300 Blackout ammo is more powerful, more efficient, and more lethal when fired out of short-barreled rifles than 5.56 ammo, it falls behind the bullet energy of the 350 Legend being the heavier bullet. In 350 Legend vs 300 Blackout bullet energy, the 350 Legend gets another win.
Recommended article: 458 SOCOM vs 308 Winchester Comparison
350 Legend Pros & Cons
300 Blackout Pros & Cons
300 Blackout or 350 Legend? Our Choice is...
In choosing between the 350 Legend vs 300 Blackout – our choice is the 350 Legend because it has a better trajectory, more bullet energy, and works better in long-range shooting. Although buying 300 Blackout is also a great decision because it is more affordable, the 350 Legend is easier to find even during ammo shortages.
Looking for something to read on concealed carry pistols? Check out our article on Taurus TCP and Ruger LCP.
Our #1 Recommendation
Lunde Studio is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission from Amazon at no extra cost to you. Learn more.