Most of the guys at our range own red dot sights for a couple of reasons – better focus and more accurate shots. We’ve heard some say that Trijicon’s SRO could be a game-changer. We wanted to see it for ourselves. In this Trijicon SRO review, you’ll find out if this red dot sight could be another excellent contender out on the field.
Table of Contents
What is THE Trijicon SRO Reflex Sight?
Trijicon SRO Reflex Sight is a Specialized Reflex Optic Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight designed with a maximized, unobstructed field of view. It boasts a fine-tuned, illuminated, and crisp red dot reticle that delivers improved accuracy to get on target. This red dot sight is parallax-free and compatible with suppressor-height iron sights.
Engineered with Trijicon’s legendary durability, this red dot sight can withstand abuse on and off the range. It also features both manual and automatic LED brightness modes. Sharing the same footprint as the Type 2 Trijicon RMR, the Trijicon SRO is built with a top-loading battery that provides up to 3 years of battery life when set at 4. The new SRO has an adjustment range of 150 MOA and has options for 1.0, 2.5, or 5.0 MOA.
Top Product Benefits
- Compatible with: RMR Footprint – Designed to fit on many of the most popular red-dot-ready brands on the market; If mounting on the Glock® MOS, Springfield® OSP, Walther® PDP, or H&K® VP9 Optics Ready, a Trijicon SRO® mounting kit (AC32085) is required; Compatible with suppressor-height iron sights.
- Sight Window (inch): 0.98 x 0.89
- Parallax Free: Yes
- Night Vision: Yes
- Lens Magnification: 1x
- Reticle: Fine-tuned, illuminated LED 5.0 MOA Dot; Red
- Material: 7075, T-6 aircraft grade aluminum housing; Tempered glass lens
- Weight (oz): 1.6 oz (with battery)
- Dimensions (inch): 2.2 x 1.3 x 1.4
- Mount: Mounts easily using the same base as the Trijicon RMR
- Power: Top-loading CR2032 battery
- Battery Life: 3 years
- Degree of Protection: Waterproof up to 10 feet
- Brightness: Manual and automatic LED brightness modes; 8 brightness settings, including 1 super bright mode and 2 night vision modes. Button “Lock-out” Mode secures the Auto-Brightness setting feature
- Boresight Adjustment: Adjustable Windage and Elevation with tool-less design; 1 MOA per click; 150 MOA total travel
- Included: Two #6-32 Flat Head Torx Cap Screws 1/2″ Long; Torx Head Key
Quality & Design
Some shooters would claim that the Trijicon SRO red dot sight is not designed for “Duty Use” as the Type 2 RMR because it occupies a different space in the red dot hierarchy. However, The SRO shares a similar electronics design and reticle sizes with the proven Type 2 Trijicon RMR.
Since the new Trijicon is forged from 7075-T6 aircraft grade aluminum like the RMR, we found it as durable as most conventional red dot sights. Aluminum alloys, which display a high strength-to-weight ratio and good fracture toughness, are widely used for industrial applications like armors, automobile, and aerospace. 
Field of View
Said to be the most helpful feature of the SRO is its unbarred and large window that measures 0. 98 x 0.89 inches. Almost on par with the RMR, the SRO has a clear and crisp dot.
This makes it easier to find and track the dot in both target and competitive shooting applications. Having a large window, the related accuracy and speed of your gun or pistol may improve.
MOA Dot Sizes
- 1 MOA Dot
1 MOA Dot Adjustable LED red dot is ideal for rifles or target gun applications because it increases accuracy at needed distance.
- 2.5 MOA Dot
However, Adjustable 2 5 MOA red Dot is the most popular reticle size among the dot sizes of the SRO. The 2 5 MOA dot is utilized in various pistol and other shooting applications. The 2 5 MOA dot may be small, but it’s very precise.
- 5.0 MOA Dot
For competitive shooting, an Adjustable 5 0 MOA Dot is best for applications. The Adjustable 5 0 MOA dot is also ideal for speed and recovery as the RMR.
The SRO comes with complete manual LED and automatic LED brightness settings, 8 brightness settings, super bright and night vision modes. This red dot sight features
“Lock-out Mode” secures the user’s brightness level.
Trijicon always made sure to produce high-quality and well-constructed products. Trijicon SRO and RMR offer a 5-year warranty for their electronic systems and components if there are defects in material and quality under normal use.
Looking for 1-4x scopes? Here’s our recommended 1-4x optics for the money.
Trijicon SRO isn’t as inexpensive as the other red dot sights. However, the price is in line with its features and advantages. When mounted on your pistol while shooting or hunting, the SRO is accurate in any lighting situation.
Find some of the best ACOG clones here.
If you are curious about how firearms enthusiasts view Trijicon SRO, here’s what they have to say:
Should You Buy A Trijicon SRO?
Based on our research, we think that you should buy a Trijicon SRO Specialized Reflex Optic because it is durable, has long battery life, and automatic LED brightness settings. It also has a larger window and adjustable dot reticle sizes that make target acquisition easier and more accurate.
This red dot sight also features a forged 7075–T6 aircraft grade aluminum, solid enough to withstand abuse in many conditions. It is easy to attach as it is compatible with most RMR pistols.