- What Happened to FPSRussia (2023 Update) You Won’t Believe - November 1, 2023
- How to Buy a Gun in Texas (2023 Complete Guide) - October 31, 2023
- 8 Best 9mm Muzzle Brakes: Reviews & Guide (2023 UPDATED) - October 10, 2023
Table of Contents
- 1 What’s the Difference Between Creedmoor 6.5 & 6.5x47 LAPUA?
- 2 Comprehensive Comparison
- 3 6.5 Creedmoor or LAPUA 6.5x47? We Choose...
What’s the Difference Between Creedmoor 6.5 & 6.5x47 LAPUA?
- Brand: Copper Creek LAPUA Scenar
- Model: 6.5×47 LAPUA
- Bullet Size: 2.795 inches
- Bullet Diameter: 0.264 inches
- Shell Case Length: 1.850 inches
- Bullet Weight: 139 gr
- Energy (per 500 yards): 1,320 ft-lbs
- Velocity (per 500 yards): 2,068 ft/s
- Muzzle Energy: 2,454 ft-lbs
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,820 ft/s
- Brand: Hornady ELD-X
- Model: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Bullet Size: 2.825 inches
- Bullet Diameter: 0.264 inches
- Shell Case Length: 1.920 inches
- Bullet Weight: 143 gr
- Energy (per 500 yards): 1,308 ft-lbs
- Velocity (per 500 yards): 2,030 ft/s
- Muzzle Energy: 2,315 ft-lbs
- Muzzle Velocity: 2,700 ft/s
LAPUA 6.5x47 vs 6.5 Ballistics & Trajectory
Ballistically-wise, the 6.5 Creedmoor has a higher Ballistic Coefficient in G1 with .625 against the .578 BC of the LAPUA 6.5×47. But when it comes to the trajectory, the LAPUA 6.5×47 has a better trajectory against the 6.5 Creedmoor. The 6.5 LAPUA has a relatively lower trajectory of -41.5 inches than the 6.5 Creedmoor with -44.4 inches at a range of 500 yards. With the given trajectory data, the LAPUA 6.5×47 takes its first win against the 6.5 Creed.
If you want an enhanced shooting experience, check out this Ballistic Advantage vs Faxon AR-15 barrels here.
Although the 6.5×47 LAPUA is more prevalent in some states and could be almost always available, too, when it comes to the price category, the 6.5 Creedmoor offers more affordable ammo than 6.5×47 LAPUA.
The 6.5 Creedmoor is at par in ammo availability, provides a higher ballistic coefficient, and more energy and power, so the team decided to claim that 6.5 Creedmoor, being more budget-friendly, is a good point.
Recommended Article: Hunter vs Ruger Mark IV Competition
6.5 & 6.5x47 Loading Type
The 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition has a good selection of bullets ranging from 85 grains to 160 grains in various styles. In the 6.5×47 LAPUA vs 6.5 Creedmoor comparison, the 6.5×47 LAPUA cartridge uses bullets ranging between 108 grains to 140 grains in weight. But since the 6.5 Creedmoor also uses a LAPUA brass and their bullet diameters are the same, our team decided to give this point to both ammo.
Also Read: Steps to Follow When Making Ballistic Gel
When it comes to bullet loads, the 6.5 Creedmoor offers heavier and longer bullets than the 6.5×47 LAPUA. The case of 6.5×47 LAPUA is shorter vs the Creedmoor, reducing powder capacity and velocity.
Although lighter bullets usually mean faster air travel and longer staying power in the air, the 6.5 Creedmoor bullets have more advantages because they have features that outplay the specs of the 6.5×47 LAPUA.
For shooters who like ammo with a flat trajectory, more velocity, and more energy, the 6.5 Creedmoor still trumps over the 6.5×47 LAPUA in this category.
6.5 Creedmoor & 6.5x47 Recoil
6.5 Creedmoor Pros & Cons
6.5x47 LAPUA Pros & Cons
6.5 Creedmoor or LAPUA 6.5x47? We Choose...
In choosing between the 6.5×47 LAPUA vs 6.5 Creedmoor, we choose the 6.5 Creedmoor because not only is it more affordable, it also has a higher velocity, higher ballistic coefficient, and better sectional density than the 6.5×47 LAPUA. Although if the price isn’t too much of a problem with you, the 6.5×47 LAPUA can also be a good choice.
Are you looking for concealed carry pistols? We’ve got the S&W Shield and Bodyguard comparison here.